Online Gambling Not Quite the Same? Then Try a Live Dealer Casino Instead!
Let me ask you something – Do you miss playing your favorite casino game live?
It’s okay if you do – you’re not alone. Playing games like blackjack, craps or baccarat online are NOT the same as playing them live.
The games are faceless. There’s no personality. No camaraderie. No screaming or shouting. It’s just you and the RNG.
Some people prefer it that way.
But not us. We want action. Real action. Live action.
And guess what?
You can get it online, thanks to live dealer casinos.
If you already know about live dealer casinos, how they work and the games you can play, then don’t let me take any more of your time. Below you’ll find a list of the best live dealer casinos. Choose one and get started now.
Everyone else – I have more details for you below.
How Do Live Dealer Casinos Work & Why Are They So Great?
Live dealer casinos simply stream the live action (usually from a roped off part of the casino) and broadcast it through an online casino. Using the casinos’ software, players can place their bets, choose their plays and then watch the action unfold in real time.
That’s the simple answer.
The biggest benefit to live casinos is that you get the benefits of both playing live and online.
- You get to play games while sitting and chatting with the dealer and other players that love the same games you do. BUT you don’t have to deal with crowds.
- You can play from the comfort of your own home without having to wallow in clouds of smoke and drunks – unless you like that sort of thing.
- You can sit across young, pretty or handsome dealers. You can also choose dealers from different continents, like Europe and Asia.
- You get to play your favorite game – LIVE – but without having to get dressed, put on cologne or perfume or deal with traveling. Plus it’s a hell of a lot cheaper.
- There’s no lines online. If one table is full, find another one. If that table is full then open up a different casino. Your options are only a couple clicks away.
And more. But those are the biggies.
The bottom line is there are more benefits to live dealer games than downsides.
Live Dealer Games & Variations
The crappy thing about live dealer casinos are the games. There aren’t many of them. These are the most common options:
- Casino Hold’em
- Live Sicbo
There are several variations to choose from, though. Mostly these will come down to the software (Microgaming, Bodog, Playtech, HoGaming, Evolution, NetEnt, etc) or where the dealer comes from (Asian or European).
Another common variation is the Playboy Bunny dealer.
What to Expect From Live Dealer Games Online
Live dealer casinos are different from brick and mortar casinos – and even online casinos – in some ways. Here are some of the differences you can expect to see.
* Most live dealers casinos will not let you play for free. The reasoning is pretty simple – just like a brick and mortar casino many of these games will have limited seats. And they have to fill those seats with real money players, or else they’re losing money.
There are exceptions, of course. But they are few and far between.
* The stakes will be higher. You probably won’t find a game under $3 and, like brick and mortar casinos, $5 will be the standard.
Because now they have to pay for employees and pit bosses, as well as operation costs like streaming, closing off a portion of their casino, equipment and so on.
Smart Live is one exception. They have (roulette) bets as low as .10.
Max stakes can be as much as $10,000. It just depends on the casino.
* You can’t play 24/7 at some casinos. Like a regular casino the dealers have to take breaks, sleep, eat and have a life. So if there’s a certain dealer or game you like to play, you might need to pay attention to when they work. Otherwise you’ll be out of luck.
Not every live dealer casino is like this. Some run their games 24/7. The best way to know for sure is to read our reviews or visit the casinos and check out their schedule.
* You might not be able to play from your mobile device. It’s still a work in progress at most casinos. I can’t think of any US casinos that offer it yet. And I know of only 888 or Bet365 that offers it outside the US.
* The action will be faster online in most cases. Since the dealer or croupier doesn’t have to pay each player, they can just get right to the shuffling and dealing. That’s something you’ll want to pay attention to so you don’t hold the action up.
Other than those things live dealer casino should be pretty much the same as their digital counterparts. If you have any questions, though, I suggest looking at the other pages we have on live dealer casinos or our reviews.