An Online Guide to Playing Roulette Online
Here’s something you might already know – roulette is one of the most popular casino games. Seriously, I challenge you to scour Google and find one list where roulette doesn’t crack the top 10.
People love it, no doubt about it. So it’s no surprise you can find roulette and it’s many variations at nearly every casino online.
The trick is finding the right casino to join. A casino with excellent support. Promotions. Few (if any) banking fees.
And that’s where we come in.
Right below this paragraph you’ll find a list of the best casinos for roulette players. Choose one and get started right now (and feel good about it).
Best Casinos For Roulette Players
Lots of Games
Another option is to choose a casino based on the type of roulette player you are and the specific casino qualities you’re looking for. For example:
- 3D Roulette Games
- High Roller Roulette
- History of Roulette
- Winning on Roulette
- Legal Roulette Casinos
- Low Limit Roulette
- Progressive Roulette
- USA Roulette Casinos
- Popular Roulette Systems
- Facebook Roulette
- Mobile Roulette
Click on any of those links to learn more.
You can also choose a casino based on the roulette variation they offer. The more popular variants include:
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- French Roulette
- Reno Roulette
- Atlantic City Roulette
- Las Vegas Roulette
- Double Zero Roulette
- Single Zero Roulette
- Mini Roulette
- Roulette Royale
- Multi-Ball Roulette
- Multi-Wheel Roulette
- Live Dealer Roulette
Each casino will offer different roulette variations. They may also have different betting sizes.
The reason for this is because each casino uses a unique combination of software providers. Some use one, while others use several. And then you have software companies that only work with casinos in specific areas/jurisdictions.
So something you’ll want to do before you join a casino is make sure they have the games/variants you want to play and that they accept players from your area.
You can find that basic information in our toplists (like the one above). For a more detailed look at each casino, I suggest you read our reviews.
What to Expect Playing Roulette Online For Real Money
Here are some tips for what to expect playing roulette online. It doesn’t matter if you have experience playing online or not – you’ll want to check these tips out.
* Stakes will vary from casino to casino. You can expect limits to range from $1 to $500. And this will be for the inside or outside, which means you can wager as much as $1,000 per round.
* Many casinos will not give roulette players bonuses. I’ve looked at 3 and all of them say that playing roulette will not count. My guess is because of some of the bets you can make. There’s just not enough of an edge there for casinos.
If you do happen to find an exception you should plan to wager as much as 10x what a slots player would, or anywhere from 300-800x the deposit or deposit plus bonus.
In other words, it probably won’t be worth it.
On the bright side though you should be able to earn VIP points which can be used for things like cash back, gifts and higher table limits. They’ll be harder to earn since it’s roulette, but you won’t walk away empty handed at least.
* You’ll find the most slot variations in casinos powered by Microgaming, NetEnt and Playtech. Unfortunately any casino powered by these companies will not accept US customers.
* Most roulette variations will be in the download casino or browser (instant play) casino. You may have 1-2 options in the mobile casino – maybe.
So that’s what you should expect. Nothing major.
Now to wrap this up we wanted to share the basic rules to playing roulette in case this will be your first go at it.
How to Play Roulette
Roulette is a straight-forward game.
You’re going to have a table and a wheel.
The wheel will have 37 or 38 pockets (depending on if you’re playing European or American roulette). These pockets contain the numbers one through thirty-six, with either one zero in European roulette or a zero and a double-zero in American roulette.
The numbers alternate in color, with 18 black numbers and 18 red numbers. The zero’s are a neutral green color.
The roulette wheel spins in a counter-clockwise direction, where a small metal ball is spun in a clockwise direction. When the metal ball loses speed it will start to bounce around on the roulette wheel, and eventually come to a stop in one of the pockets.
Your goal is to predict what pocket the ball will land in.
You’ll do this by placing a bet on the roulette table. You’ll have several betting options. Those options include:
- Even – You win if the ball lands on an even number.
- Odd – You win if the ball lands on an odd number.
- Red – You win if the ball lands on a red number.
- Black – You win if the ball lands on a black number.
- 1-18 – You win if the ball lands on a number between 1 and 18.
- 19-36 – You win if the ball lands on a number between 19 and 36.
- 1st 12 – You win if the ball lands on a number between 1 and 12.
- 2nd 12 – You win if the ball lands on a number between 13 and 24.
- 3rd 12 – You win if the ball lands on a number between 25 and 36.
- Street – A bet on any 3 (horizontal) numbers. For example, a bet on 1-3 or 4-6 would be a street bet.
- Six Line – Also known as a double street bet. This is a wager on 2 lines of 3 (horizontal) numbers. For example, a bet on 1-6 would be a six line bet.
- Column – This is a bet that pays 2-1. There are 3 columns you can wager on.
- Corner – This is a bet made on the center of 4 numbers. For example, you can bet on the corners of 16, 17, 19, 20.
- Split – This is like a corner bet, except you’re making it between 2 numbers instead of 4. For example, a bet made between 17 and 20 would be a split bet.
- Straight Up – Bet on any number from 0/00 to 36.
The first 9 bets are known as outside bets. The last 6 are known as inside bets. You will usually have a limit as to how much you can bet inside, outside and overall.
Bets are placed in roulette by placing chips on the roulette table. Players place their chips on the roulette table in certain places depending on what they would like to bet on.
Then, when you’re ready, you’ll hit spin. And cross your fingers.
Once the wheel has stopped the dealer will mark the number the ball has landed on and will clear the roulette table of the losing bets. The dealer will then pay out all of the bets that have won on that round of betting, and hopefully you are included in this!