Bet365.com Casino and Sportsbook Review
Sharp Lines and Multiple Features at this Giant Online Sportsbook
Bet365 have a huge media presence. They grew from a portacabin into one of the biggest gambling sites worldwide. While most players associate Bet365 with betting on sports, they also have a huge casino and a poker room too.
You will find some of the best value odds for sports ranging from football, horse racing and tennis at this bookmaker. The platform is packed with features. It can be accessed via an app – as well as via a website.
A list of 7 key reasons why Bet365 has become the most popular betting site:
- Value: Punters seeking higher returns will find the best odds for many events.
- Cash Out Betting: You can redeem all of your bet or do a partial cash-out during play.
- Range of Markets: While the focus is on the bigger global sports, you will also find US sports and lots of niche markets, including eSports.
- Bet Credits Welcome Offer: Easy to clear bet credits of up to £100 matched to your first deposits.
- Promotions: These are aimed at individual betting markets. They include best odds on TV horse races, football bets that pay out when your team goes 2 goals up, and boosts to accumulator bets.
- Multi-Platform Software: Download an Android or iOS app, or use your browser window on desktop or mobile devices.
- Trusted Brand: Fully licensed and offering great service, you’ll know your money is safe with Bet365.
This detailed review covers everything you need to know about the sports betting giant. First up, you’ll find the details of the welcome offer – plus my pick of the ongoing promotions that keep punters coming back. After that the software and huge range of betting markets is covered. Finally, practical information about how to get your money on board, and the licensing is discussed.
Bet365 Sports Betting: Betting Credits for New Players
To qualify for the betting credit offer, you need to deposit and then claim this from your account page. You then place a qualifying bet, which needs to be settled within 30 days.
Bet365 then add a non-withdrawable betting credit matched at 100% to your deposit. This can be used for any bet, and you get to keep the winnings (though not the stake). There are some criteria for this:
- Bet must be at odds of 1/5 (1.2) or better.
- No covering more than one outcome, for example a win plus draw on a football game.
- If you cash out partially during play, only the remaining risked amount gets counted.
While this is not the biggest offer I have seen from an online bookie – it is easy to clear and should give an instant boost to your betting bankroll. Terms & Conditions apply to all promotional offers at Bet365.
Promotions and Special Bets
This area is where Bet365 are strongest. There are one-off offers on major sporting events, guaranteed best odds and multiple ways to boost your returns – particularly with multiples betting.
One that caught my eye is for singles win bets on football. If your chosen team goes 2 goals up, your bet will be settled immediately, regardless of the final result. You can also get doubled returns on football multiples which involve 3 or more teams with either correct scores or teams to score first / last.
Horse racing fans are also well looked after. The best-odds guaranteed promo applies to races shown on ITV. Here you will not miss out if you place a bet and the price later improves.
Bet365 Sportsbook Software and Betting Features
Green is the dominant colour for both the Bet365 app and website. While this will not win any design awards, it is very easy to navigate. You will find a long list of the markets available on the left-hand side. Clicking your sport gives you the current games in the big centre panel, which can get crowded (on Saturday afternoons especially). You can use drop-down menus to explore the markets.
Adding to your bet slip is one-click – this can be found on the right-hand side. You get to review and remove any bets before you add the amount and place the wager.
Many bookmakers now offer cash-out bets, where you can stop a bet part way through a match. What Bet365 add to this is partial cash-outs. You can redeem some of your stake and leave the remainder for the final result. This gives you flexibility, especially when using the cash-out to hedge other bets.
There is also an in-play betting option. You can access live streams of events (with qualifying bets), and wager while they are going on. Combined with the partial cash-outs, this gives a lot of flexibility to experienced punters.
Markets Offered by Bet365
The short version here could simply read ‘you name it’. You will find a depth of bets, leagues and sports which is hard to match. Here are some of the betting opportunities:
- Football (Soccer): As you might expect, this is where the biggest action can be found. You’ll find all the major European leagues, Champions league, UEFA cup and International bets. Each match has a depth of betting opportunities ranging from single win / lose / draw bets to first goal-scorer and more.
- Horse Racing: Not just the big UK meets, racing is covered from around the world. Look out for special offers on the big televised events.
- US Sports: While the focus is on the international sports, you can bet on NFL, hockey, basketball and more.
- Popular International Sports: A big list here including Rugby, Tennis, Golf, Motor Racing, Athletics and many more.
- eSports: This is a new area for Bet365, you can enjoy betting on your favourite computer gaming events.
Other Gambling Opportunities at Bet365
This bookmaker has a single portal which gives you access to multiple forms of gambling. They have a popular poker room. This includes tournaments and cash games linked to the big iPoker Network, as well as exclusive (Bet365 only) ‘Premium Tables’.
There is a huge casino too. You can enjoy live dealer blackjack, online slots and much more. Check out the huge progressive jackpots on offer here.
Finally, you can bet on shares and commodities in the Bet365 ‘Financials’ section.
Deposits and Withdrawals at Bet365
One advantage of betting at a huge brand like Bet365 is that you have a big choice of deposit and withdrawal methods.
Be aware that the popular Neteller, Skrill and Skrill 1-tap deposit options are excluded from the welcome bet credits offer.
Most people simply use credit or debit cards to make their initial deposit. This is done in exactly the same way you would make a purchase on line. The major brand cards are all accepted. You can also use the popular PayPal to get your money on board.
For players that like to keep their betting account and family finances completely separate, there are plenty more options. You can buy PaySafeCard vouchers from newsagents – or use 3rdparty ‘Virtual Visa’ cards like Entropay. If you are old-school and still want to bet, there is always the option for a paper cheque!
In addition to the global options, many ways to get your money on board are country-specific. For example, many countries can use iDebit and Apple Pay is available too.
I like the way Bet365 advise on the processing time for withdrawals on their banking page. The fastest ways to withdraw are the electronic wallets (including PayPal). While bank wires and paper checks can take much longer.
Licensing and Responsible Gambling at Bet365
Bet365 are one of the best-trusted brands for sports bettors. They are located in Gibraltar and are licensed there as well as in the UK. Bet365 are a member of ‘ESSA’, the European Sports Betting Association.
You will find a detailed responsible gambling section, within the help section of their website. This includes background information, self-exclusion and links to get help for problem gamblers.
Wrapping Up: What Makes the Bet365 Betting Site so Popular?
There is no doubt that Bet365 are one of the biggest brands around for sports betting fans. It is not just media coverage which makes them so popular – they offer a solid product and excellent promotions.
Punters that look for value in their betting will find some of the sharpest odds online at Bet365. There is also plenty of flexibility. You’ll find many ways to bet on each event – and can also bet while the events are running.
Promotions are a great reason to bet here. You will often be guaranteed the best odds and will find some bets settled early. If you are an advanced bettor, you can hedge with the partial (or full) cash-out options too.