Ignition Poker Review
Anonymous Tables and Big Bonuses at the US-Friendly Ignition Poker
Ignition Poker got started in 2016. They have already made an impact with the US online poker community, offering big rewards and soft games. This site shares a back-end and player pools with some established brand names. You’ll play against opponents from Bovada Poker and Bodog. This is the single biggest player pool in the US (with Canada and some Latin American countries also involved).
What surprises many players at Ignition is that the games are played anonymously. Instead of a screen name, you’ll simply be assigned a seat number (or tournament number). This means a fresh start each time you sit down – and stops tracking tools used by pros.
There are a lot of good reasons to check out Ignition Poker, here are the highlights:
- Soft Games: The anonymous tables and other aspects of the ‘Recreational Player Model’ keep the games loose and profitable.
- Big Welcome Bonus: You’ll get a $1000 welcome bonus for poker, plus the same again for casino games.
- Points Collection: At Ignition Poker, you will collect ‘miles’ each time you play. These can be swapped for cash. The more you collect, the bigger and better the benefits become.
- Fast-Fold Poker: Enjoy the fastest US poker cash games with ‘Zone Poker’. This is 3x faster than regular games and can be played on your mobile phone.
- Big Tournament Events: In addition to a packed weekly tournament schedule, you can enjoy festivals including the Black Diamond Poker Open and the Summer Millions.
This page looks in-depth at Ignition Poker. Below you’ll find more on how the introductory bonus deals work, followed by the miles collection loyalty program. After that I have covered the software, both downloadable and mobile play is possible at Ignition. The cash games, tournaments and novel formats are then explained. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find information on deposit methods, how to withdraw – and if Ignition Poker is safe.
Ignition Poker Review: $1000 Welcome Bonus Deal
The headline welcome bonus at Ignition is a big 100% match up to $2000. This is split between poker and casino. If you are only interested in the poker games, the $1000 available is still bigger than the welcome bonus at most other sites.
You have 30 days to earn as many points towards clearing this bonus as possible. You will not lose out if you do not reach the full amount.
If you make your first deposit with Bitcoin, then you will receive a 200% bonus instead of the usual 100%.
In addition to the bonus, you’ll get entry into a $2500 weekly freeroll as part of your welcome package.
Ongoing Rewards at Ignition Casino
Bitcoin bonuses keep on coming, every time you deposit with cryptocurrency, you’ll receive a new bonus.
The main ways that Ignition Poker reward their loyal players is via a points collection scheme. This is themed on driving, with the points you collect known as ‘Miles’. There are tiers, which give you better bonuses. You can swap the points you collect at any time for either tournament entries of cash. Freeroll entries continue as long as you are earning points.
If you get a Royal Flush in a cash game, you will get an instant bonus of 50x the big blind – up to $200. There are also plenty of one-off promotions. Look out for these when the big poker tournament events are about to start.
Download and Mobile Poker App: Ignition Poker Software
Downloading the Ignition Poker software client will give you full access to the cash games, tournaments and Sit n Goes. There is an alternative – mobile play. Here you can hit the cash games. Zone Poker (the fast-fold game) has been designed with mobile use in mind. This works on both Apple and Android devices.
While the software is not flashy, it does work smoothly. The design is a distinctive white and orange – with separate areas for the different poker formats. You can play up to 4 cash games or Sit N Go tournaments at the same time on resizable tables. Multi-table tournaments do not have this restriction, you can play up to 12 of these simultaneously.
The Ignition Poker software includes a quick-seat option. This is perfect for players that do not want to scroll through long lists of games to find an open seat.
What is the Ignition Poker Recreational Player Model?
Along with Bovada and Bodog, Ignition Poker use a ‘Recreational Player Model’. This is designed to keep the games soft compared to other poker sites. It makes it more difficult for ‘pro grinders’ to sit in too many games. Here is what is involved:
- Anonymous Play: You are assigned an entry number (for tournaments) or simply use a seat number to play. When you stand up, your history is gone – allowing you to start fresh in your next game. This stops tracking services from following you, and selling your weaknesses to pros.
- Tools Ban: Many of the advice engine tools and tracking / HUD software is banned from Ignition Poker – again keeping the games soft.
- Restriction on Multi-Tabling: To stop pros playing a nitty strategy across too many games (killing the action), you can only play 4 cash games or Sit N Goes at the same time.
This model has been a big success, propelling the Ignition / Bovada / Bodog player base to become one of the biggest worldwide.
Poker Tournaments at Ignition Poker
If you enjoy lower buy-in poker tournaments, then you’ll find a huge choice at Ignition Poker. There is some higher stakes action. Each Sunday at 6pm ET, you can join the $75,000 guaranteed High Roller. The regular events such as the Black Diamond Open and Summer Millions have even bigger prizes. The biggest tournaments have guarantees of up to $300,000.
Regular games are focused on No Limit Holdem. Most are $22 and under, with turbo and short-handed variations. You will also find rebuy tournaments, Sit n Goes, and more recently – Jackpot Sit N Goes with randomly assigned jackpots.
Cash Game Poker at Ignition
You’ll find the biggest selection of cash games available to US players at Ignition Poker. Playing these anonymously keeps you safe from grinders with tracking tools, and the choice of games is huge. You can play for pennies – and will find regular games as high as $5 / $10 – with the occasional bigger stakes game. There are 3 table sizes. The usual full-ring option is joined by the popular 6-max, and heads-up matches can also be found.
Zone Poker is a fast-fold game. This is a great option for mobile devices, where multi-tabling the regular games is not possible. Instead of a table, you will join a pool of other players. You get moved to a new hand with new opponents as soon as you fold. By cutting out the waiting time, you’ll play at least 3x faster than in a regular cash game.
How to Deposit and Withdraw with Bitcoin from Ignition Poker
There are now multiple options for payments to and from Ignition Poker.
With increased bonuses, it makes sense to check out the Bitcoin option. This is now very easy and works for players that have no interest in holding Bitcoin for extending periods. To take advantage of the 200% welcome offer (plus reloads), you need to follow these 5 easy steps.
- Set up your Bitcoin wallet: I recommend one of the bigger providers such as coinbase.com
- Buy some Bitcoin: You can do this using an exchange, it is cheap, fast and secure. Most exchanges will accept funds sent directly from your bank.
- Get a ‘Receiver Id’ from Ignition Poker: Register, go to the cashier area and choose Bitcoin. This site will generate a special Id called a ‘Receiver Id’. For mobile Bitcoin wallets, this will be a QR code, for desktops it is a sting of letters and numbers.
- Send Bitcoin: You enter the receiver Id plus the amount to send (this is shown in both US dollars and Bitcoin). After confirming the amount is sent immediately and will be in your Ignition account within minutes.
- Play in Dollars: As soon as Ignition get your deposit, it gets exchanged into dollars. It remains in USD until you withdraw. This protects you from volatility of the Bitcoin price.
Once you have a wallet set up, the process is just as easy as using PayPal or any other payment system. You’ll find the advantages (in terms of bonus money) well worth it!
Other Ignition Poker Payment Options
Credit cards including Visa and MasterCard are the main alternative deposit option. These will work a lot of the time – though may get blocked by the banks. If this happens, there are some back-up options. These include prepaid Visa cards, Money Transfer services – or for larger amounts, bank wires.
Some players are surprised by the main withdrawal alternative to Bitcoin. This is a paper check, which will be sent once a month by courier to you.
Ignition Poker Review Wrap Up: Is This a Great US Poker Option?
There is a lot to like about Ignition Poker, despite their relative newness. This site is part of a family which includes long running brands like Bodog and Bovada. By sharing players in a common back end, they offer a huge choice of cash games and some big tournament events.
Add innovations like Zone Poker, Jackpot Sit N Goes and mobile access – and you have a solid site. With bigger bonuses than those other brands, it is easy to see why savvy US players are heading there in large numbers.