A Beginners Guide to Live Dealer Baccarat
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be James Bond or a secret agent to enjoy the rush of playing baccarat. As the popular and very simple table game found in many casinos and VIP lounges continues to gain in popularity online, a new-age version of baccarat has embraced live video streaming technologies. Live dealer baccarat is just like the game enjoyed at hundreds of bricks-and-mortar casinos around the world, but is also an interactive online experience unlike any other. Sitting on your couch in your comfy cozies, you join a virtual baccarat table with a real-life dealer broadcasting live via video stream. You can interact and banter with the dealer and fellow players from all over the world.
BEST LIVE DEALER BACCARAT ONLINE CASINOS
This online guide will introduce you to the basics of baccarat and why it continues to gain followers as a complement to the original game.
- How do you play live dealer baccarat?
- What are the live variations?
- How does live dealer compare to regular baccarat?
To keep things simple, here are the basics of how to play live dealer baccarat.
At the start of each hand, you have three betting choices:
- You believe the player will finish with the higher score
- You believe the banker will finish with the higher score
- You believe the player and banker will tie scores
After bets are placed, the banker gives the player and banker two cards each. Hand scores are determined by adding up the value of each card. Tens and face cards are worth zero (0), aces are worth one point and all other cards are worth their rank. So, a 6 of spades is worth six points. The goal is to finish with a score as close to nine as possible. However, the value of a hand can’t exceed nine points and only the last digit in a score counts. So, if a player or bank hand totals 14 points, it’s only worth four points. The highest possible total is nine points and lowest is zero (re: 10s, face cards). While both the player and banker are dealt two cards, there are several baccarat rules where a third card is dealt:
- If either hand is an 8 or 9, then neither hand receives any more cards, and the hand is immediately over. This rule takes precedence over all other rules.
- If the player’s hand has a value of 5 or less, then the player will receive a third card. If the player has 6 or more, the player stands.
- If the player stands, then the dealer will follow the same player rule: taking a card with 5 or less, and standing with 6 or more.
- If the player hits, the banker will choose whether or not to take a third card depending on a combination of the banker’s score and the player’s third card (a holdover from an older version of baccarat, where only the player’s third card would be face up).
Note: Similar to blackjack, the baccarat shoe contains six to eight standard playing card decks.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be James Bond or a secret agent to enjoy the rush of playing baccarat. As the popular and very simple table game found in many casinos and VIP lounges continues to gain in popularity online, a new-age version of baccarat has embraced live video streaming technologies.
- Punto Banco is the simplest version of baccarat and a big reason why it’s also often the most popular. You can bet on the player, banker or tie in Punto Banco.
- As the name suggests, speed baccarat is played at a fast pace and is a great game for the more experienced baccarat player.
- Mini baccarat is a good version for the novice player as it’s a stripped-down version of the regular game with smaller bets.
- Squeeze baccarat brings the drama. It’s like the basic version, but the banker builds the suspense by unveiling their cards over a longer period of time. It’s different and for those with a little more time on their hands.
Live dealer baccarat is like the game you play in a brick-and-mortar casino, but just online. You are placed at a virtual baccarat table, but unlike other online baccarat casino rooms, the flashy graphics and random number generators are replaced by a real-life baccarat banker and table and enjoyed via live video stream. Thanks to this live video stream, you can interact with the dealer and fellow players just as if you were at a real casino, sitting at your favorite baccarat table like 007.