Playing A Live Dealer Casino in the USA in 2020
From Netflix to DoorDash, we live in an on-demand world and like to enjoy these life luxuries from the comfort of our own homes. The same philosophy holds true for many seeking out the best online blackjack, roulette or hold’em casino experience. Thanks to advances in video streaming technology, live dealer casinos have gained in popularity the past few years as players who crave the social interaction at their favorite table also meet their comforts of home needs.
BEST LIVE DEALER ONLINE CASINO
When you play at a live dealer casino, flashy graphics and random number generators are replaced by a real-life dealer and table and all watched via video stream in real time. Because of this live stream environment, you can interact with the dealer and fellow players just as if you were at a real casino, but all from your couch, favorite chair or office.
This online guide will introduce you to the basics of live dealer casinos and why they continue to gain followers as a complement to the original games.
- How do live dealer casinos work?
- What are some live dealer casino games?
- What are the advantages to play at a live dealer casino?
Just as you would with other online casino games, log in to your account and select which game you would like to play, be it roulette or blackjack, etc. The primary difference between typical online casino games and live dealer is the video streaming aspect.
When you enter a typical online casino, you are seated at a virtual table with flashy graphics and are at the mercy of a random number generator to spin the wheel or deal out your cards. When you enter a live dealer casino, you will see a real-life roulette wheel or blackjack table with a real dealer standing behind it. The chat function allows you to communicate with the dealer, which creates a totally unique and interactive online experience as if you were in an actual bricks-and-mortar casino. Being able to watch and banter all in real time is what sets live dealer casinos apart from the typical online experience.
Because of the video streaming service, it’s recommended that players have a high-speed internet connection and an above-average video card in their computer to fully appreciate the experience without interruption.
For those interested in the technical side of how live dealer casinos work, most are powered by industry leader, Evolution Gaming. Their software is cutting edge, and they are viewed as the leading provider of live dealer games.
From Netflix to DoorDash, we live in an on-demand world and like to enjoy these life luxuries from the comfort of our own homes. The same philosophy holds true for many seeking out the best online blackjack, roulette or hold’em casino experience.
These are the four most popular live dealer games currently.
- Baccarat was made famous by James Bond, but has found a new digital life with live dealers online. At its core, the basic objective is to successfully bet on one of three outcomes: you believe the player will have the best score, you believe the banker will have the best score or you believe the player’s and banker’s scores will tie. Whoever’s card point total is closest to nine wins. Face cards and 10s are worth zero points, aces are worth one point and all other cards are worth their rank (i.e. – a six of spades is worth six points).
- Roulette has several variations, but the most common found at live dealer casinos is European and as you would find at your favorite casino, all the typical inside and outside bets are available. The best part is instead of relying on a computer to spin the wheel, you actually see a croupier send the ball for a spin. Where it ends up, that’s up to you to figure out!
- Texas Hold’em continues to gain in popularity thanks in large part to the success of the World Series of Poker main event. The primary difference with live dealer hold’em is that you’re trying to beat the dealer and not your fellow competitors at the table. Despite this subtle change, poker is always better when interacting with real people versus a virtual poker table graphics package.
- Blackjack remains one of the world’s most popular casino games and at live dealer casinos this is no different. You’ll go head-to-head with the dealer trying to get closest to 21 without going over or hoping the dealer busts. For those unfamiliar, aces are worth one or 11, face cards are worth 10, while the rest of the cards are worth their rank (i.e. – an eight of hearts is worth eight. So, if you draw an ace and eight, you have 19 or 9).
- You get to play games while sitting and chatting with the dealer and other players that love the same games you do, but you don’t have to deal with crowds.
- You can play from the comfort of your own home without having to wallow in clouds of smoke and drunks – unless you like that sort of thing.
- You get to play your favorite game – LIVE – but without having to get dressed, put on cologne or perfume or deal with traveling. This saves you money and patience in the long run.
- There are no lines online. If one table is full, simply find another one. If that table is full, then open up a different casino. Your options are only a couple of clicks away.