A Beginners Guide To Online Sic Bo
Originating in ancient China, Sic Bo is a game at online casinos played with three dice, and players bet on a number of dice combinations. Similar to Craps, Sic Bo players place their bets on the table before the dice are rolled. The odds and house edge vary depending on the type of bet, so Sic Bo players can try to improve the length of their play time by choosing bets with better odds, the most common being simply betting Big or Small.
- How To Play Sic Bo Online
- The Rules of Online Sic Bo
- Online Sic Bo Tips and Strategies
- Online Sic Bo Glossary
Sic Bo is a casino game of chance, as the player has no control over the results of the dice. However, there are bets with higher probabilities (and therefore lower payouts) than others, so players can make decisions about their play style to increase their enjoyment.
Sic Bo is especially popular at casinos in Macau, and was played in the James Bond movies Skyfall and The Man with the Golden Gun.
When a game of Sic Bo starts, players place their bets on the table. There are many different betting options, including:
- Big: Betting that the total will be from 11 to 17.
- Small: Betting that the total will be from 4 to 10.
- Odd: The total will be an odd number.
- Even: The total will be an even number.
- Specific Triple: Betting that the dice will be a specific triple (such as 1,1,1).
- Any Triple: Betting that the dice will be any of the six possible triples.
- Double: Betting that two of the dice will have the same number.
- Specific Doubles: Betting on a specific double (such as 6,6).
- Single Dice: Betting on a single number coming up on the next roll.
When playing online, the rules remain the same as in land-based casinos. After selecting an online casino, and then a Sic Bo game, the player inputs the amount they would like to bet. They then select the area on the table where they would like to place their bet, such as small or big bet, or on an individual number.
Typically, you will be able to make several bets at once, but you’ll want to keep your bankroll in mind since more bets, while giving you more opportunities to win, also give you more opportunities to bleed your bankroll. The game then rolls the dice using its random number generator, and you win if you correctly bet the specific numbers and lose if you did not.
While Sic Bo is a game of chance—there is nothing you can do to improve your odds on a particular dice roll—there are tips and techniques for making the most of your play time. The first thing to keep in mind is that a Sic Bo table and its dice are never “hot” or “cold.” The previous dice roll has no effect on the next roll.
The next thing you can do is review the odds and payouts for each bet. For instance, betting on Small or Big pays out 1 to 1, with a probability of 48.61% and a house edge of 2.78%. Making a Specific Triple Bet pays out 180 to 1, but the house edge is 16.20% and the probability is only 0.46%. In that sense, there are “safer” bets to make.
No matter what bets you make, because of the house edge, the longer you play the more likely you are to lose money.
Sic Bo Strategies
While there are no Sic Bo strategies to improve the odds of a particular roll, there are strategies for having more fun playing, including:
- Choose your bets: While the payouts may be much higher on some bets, the odds are much worse. So if you want to extend your play time, choose bets with the lowest house edge, such as Big and Small.
- Monitor your bankroll: Never wager more than you are willing to lose, and make wagers that will allow you to keep playing, even if the dice are cruel.
- Bet on Fewer Areas: While you have the opportunity to make multiple bets at once, you may want to focus on a smaller number of higher-probability bets.
Sic Bo is an ancient game with many variations and countless terms that can be confusing to new players. Below are definitions for some of the most common Sic Bo terms.
|Sic Bo Term||Definition|
|Cage||In land-based casinos, Sic Bo dice are shaken and rolled using a special device called the “cage.”|
|Croupier||Another word for the Sic Bo dealer.|
|Duo||Another word for Double, meaning a wager on two of the dice showing the same number.|
|Hi-Lo||A variant of Sic Bo with similar rules.|
|Random Number Generator (RNG)||in online Sic Bo, the online casino uses technology called a “Random Number Generator” or RNG to produce the outcome of the dice.|
|Big||Wager of three dice equaling between 11 and 17|
|Small||Wager on three dice equaling between 4 and 10|
|House Edge||the mathematical advantage the casino has over the player and where the “House always wins” got its saying|
|Combination/Pair bet||when a player picks two specific numbers to appear on next 3-dice roll|
|Sic Bo||translates to “dice pair” and is known by other names such as “chuck a luck”|