Guardian of the North Slot
Multiple Random Bonus Features in this Norse Myths Slot
Guardian of the North is one of two slots with similar game-play and different designs. The other one is the Egyptian themed ‘Guardian of the South’. On first view you’ll see a solid, Norse themed slot with some impressive graphics. Once you start to spin you’ll find a lot of random bonus features. There is also a big free spins round with plenty of extra wilds.
Here are the key reasons to check out the Guardian of the North slots:
- Random Bonuses: These include wild reels, win multipliers and replacement symbols
- Free Spins: Plenty of extra wilds give a big boost to your free spins
- Impressive Animations: Includes interaction between the top of the cabinet and graphics
On Your Mobile? Click Here to Play
Guardian of the North: Random Bonuses
Bonus symbols feature a majestic polar bear. These will trigger the main bonus game (free spins) if you get 3 of them anywhere on the reels. These bonus symbols are also involved in the random bonuses. Each time you get 1 or 2 on the reels, you’ll see golden sparkles moving up to a treasure chest which a huge polar bear guards on the top of the cabinet.
Most of the time, the sparkles enter the chest – and nothing happens. Now and again, the chest will open, and you’ll get a randomly awarded bonus.
A message appears with the logo over the reels, here are the extras which can follow:
- Wild Reels: Two or more reels will turn completely wild. The symbols from the triggering spin stay in place, and any additional wins are then calculated.
- Extra Wilds: Random (diamond) wilds appear all over the reels, again, there is no new spin – wins are recalculated based on the current mix of symbols.
- Pick a Win Multiplier: You’ll see some vases and pick one to reveal a win multiplier for whatever the pay-out was for the triggering spin.
- Pick a Cash Prize: A similar picks game to the one above. You’ll get the prize, and then see the amounts under the vases you did not pick.
- Symbol Change: All the playing cards will change into a high-paying symbol. This usually happens when a win is possible.
The Regular Feature: Free Spins Bonus Games
Extra wilds on the reels make these free spins worth hitting. They work in the same way as on countless other slots. You need 3 of the polar bear bonus symbols - and get more spins the more symbols you see.
Stacks of wild diamonds (in addition to the stacked regular symbols) make this a potentially profitable bonus. The bears are still in play. This means you can trigger random bonuses, or retrigger for more free spins at any time.
Guardian of the North: Slot Setup and Base Game Wins
Guardian of the North is a 50 win-line game, with a standard 5x4 setup. Bets go up in multiples of 50c. All the symbols are stacked and covering multiple (or even all) the reels is possible. Before you celebrate big wins, you should be aware that covering the entire screen in the lower paying playing card symbols will only get you 8x to 10x your triggering bet.
Higher paying symbols are based on the treasures the guardian is watching. These include a treasure chest, gem-studded ring and a golden goblet. Playing cards make up the remaining symbols. Note that during the free spins, you’ll see different jewels.
List of All Slots Games
Mystic Design with Lively Animations
There is a certain mystical feel about this game. The glittering jewels, and armoured polar bear on top of the cabinet make for an imposing scene. With the bonus symbols on the reels interacting with this graphic – you’ll find a level of anticipation which is missing from other slots.
When the random bonuses kick in, there are further animations, with a huge version of the logo appearing over the reels. The picks games are also excellent, though simple (one pick from 3 or 4 vases).
Stirring music plays while you spin, with plenty of crashes and other sound effects on top. The black backing of the reels in the free spins adds to the overall exotic / mystical feel.
Should You Challenge the Guardian of the North?
If you like a varied game where you are never quite sure what will happen next – then Guardian of the North could be the slot for you. There is plenty of big-win potential, either from the regular game, free spins bonus or the 5 randomly awarded extras. Some of the win multipliers can be big, and with plenty of wild symbols in play, you could have a big win to multiply!