Amex Gambling Sites Reviewed
Founded in 1850 in New York, American Express has been around for 163 years. Before 1882, American Express (often called Amex) was basically a service for express mail, but later on the company ventured into the financial world.
The money order service was started first, but American Express branched out into traveler’s checks around 1891.
In 1957, the company started the credit card business which serves different clients including corporate entities, small businesses, as well as individual customers.
Nowadays, Amex is one of the most popular credit card and prepaid card brands in the United States. It’s also one of the easiest methods to use to deposit to an online casino, poker or betting site. Gambling payments made with American Express are 100% safe, secure and insured.
Best Gambling Sites Accepting Amex Deposits
Gambling Sites Accepting Amex Deposits
The Amex credit card is widely accepted by websites that offer their services for money, such as shops and gaming sites. This is because the credit card has an unlimited credit amount, which is quite advantageous for both the service provider and for the individual customer. There have never been reports of these credit cards being declined during a purchase, which makes them ideal to fund online casino and poker accounts. However, there are very few websites that accept deposits via an American Express credit card. This is because using the card for real money gambling may result in an immediate cancellation. Quite obviously, having to deal with this kind of risk isn’t exactly convenient for most Amex credit card holders who are interested in online gambling.
On the brighter side, there are a few sites that have found a way around this minor limitation and provided their players with a good way to finance their online casino account. It is advisable for any new online casino player to conduct some prior research concerning the withdrawal and deposit options available to a particular casino before signing up for an account in order to avoid any inconveniences.
What Are the Pros of Using Amex?
Although Amex is not a very popular method of depositing cash into an online gambling site, there are still some advantages of using this brand of card for this purpose.
- With the unlimited credit line, you can deposit as much cash as you want into your account without any worries. This comes in handy for casino players who love gambling with large amounts of money.
- Just like any other credit card transaction, withdrawals and deposits into online casino accounts using the Amex credit card are fairly fast and don’t require a lot of effort. You don’t need consultations with any third party about your deposits or anything related to your transaction. Once your information is processed, you can start betting at your own convenience.
- In the event that your credit card is lost, the company provides fraud and consumer protection whereby you will not have to pay more than $50 for any losses incurred. This also comes in handy in case you purchase damaged goods. Therefore, the Amex credit card is widely considered to be very reliable.
What Are the Cons of Using American Express?
- Despite the availability of Amex cards, only a few casinos accept it as a means of payment. With the few limitations imposed on the credit card, it’s hard for any online casino player to evade the questions posed by the bankers.
- Online casinos don’t support Amex withdrawals. Therefore, if you use the card to finance your account, you should look for come other banking method for the purpose of cashing out. You can peruse through a list of the accepted methods of each website and choose the one that should work for you.
How to Make a Deposit
If you come across a casino that supports Amex withdrawals, here is the procedure you should follow to fund you on-site account.
First, login to your account, click the cashier option, choose American Express, provide the credit card details including your card number, expiration date and the security code (the 3 extra digits at the back), enter the amount you want to deposit, use your bonus code(if you have one) and confirm the transaction.
The process usually takes between 5 and 10 minutes. There are no charges for depositing your money into your online casino account.
Is It Safe to Use My American Express for Gambling Deposits?
Many gamblers might be worried about the safety of their financial information. Theoretically, it is possible for hackers to steal information off of credit cards and attempt draining people’s accounts. However, this is not the case with the Amex card. As long as the security firewall on the website is impenetrable you shouldn’t be worried about any unauthorized third party accessing your information.
Once your deposit has been processed by your gambling operator, you will never be required to submit the information again. Once you deposit your money using the Amex credit card, your account will immediately reflect the balance and you can start betting as soon as you see fit.
Why Amex is the Best
American Express has been in the credit card business for years, but a few competitors like Visa and Mastercard seem to be preferable to different clients. Visa and Mastercard credit cards are more popular among casino and sports betting site operators in comparison with Amex credit cards.
However, there are several reasons why you can still bank on Amex. Since the company has been around for almost 163 years, it is more trustworthy than its contenders.
Secondly, the fact that Amex has a fraud and consumer protection clause should definitely help you relax, since they are completely insured in the event of any fraudulent activities from a third party.
Finally, the Amex credit card is perfect for high-rollers who prefer making large deposits that would allow them to join the high stakes games. This way they can bet as high as possible without worrying about the upper limit on their credit card.
If you’re a beginner and you don’t know all that much about the world of online gambling, you can always trust American Express as your financier.