Welcome to GambleOnline.co – one of the world’s leading guides to online casino gambling. Since 2008 we’ve been on mission to inform and help players who are new to online gambling learn how to safely gamble online for real money.
|Rank||Casino||Homepage||What We Like||Get Started|
|1.||Easiest Deposits & WithdrawalsVisa and MasterCard accepted||Play for Real Money|
|2.||www.goldencherry.com||100+ Free & Real Money Casino GamesNo deposit or download required||Play for Real Money|
|3.||www.casinotitan.im||Best Player PromotionsFree casino chips, cashback, & slot tourneys||Play for Real Money|
Online Gambling Websites 101
Gambling companies that operate on the Internet are known as online gambling websites, gambling sites or Internet gambling sites. They run using software that recreates familiar gambling games in animated versions, and they build on the growing popularity of both playing games online and gambling for money.
Online gambling sites provide a virtual environment in which players can use their credit cards, or other deposit method, to set up an online bankroll and take part in some truly exciting gambling from their home. They offer the same games you’ll find in any brick and mortar casino, such as sports betting, slot machines, craps, blackjack, roulette, lottery, video poker, and keno. Some sites even provide software that allows you to play live poker against other real opponents from around the world.
- Part 1: Real Gambling Online – How to Gamble Online for Real Money | In-depth information about choosing from the hundreds of gambling sites available, the signup process, and depositing and withdrawing money.
- Part 2: Best Gambling Sites – Rankings of Top Rated Online Gambling Websites | Lists of gambling sites ranked by trust, game selection, and other popular features such as high limits or Mac-compatibility.
- Part 3: Online Gambling Deposits – How to Deposit at Online Gambling Sites | Learn about various methods of funding an online casino account with our updated deposit guides.
- Part 4: Online Gambling Promotions & Bonus Offers | Learn how to understand and maximize the value of online gambling bonuses.
Internet Gambling Laws and Banking by Region
Below you’ve find guides to banking and laws by region. As always you should follow the laws in your local jurisdiction. As laws change frequently, be sure to consult a legal professional if you have any questions about the legality of online gambling in your area.
- USA Online Gambling Guide – American players have to deal with strict gambling regulations, which means they can’t use e-wallets for gambling related transactions. This means that the most reliable method of making a deposit is to use a credit / prepaid card or a money order at a trusted US-facing gambling site. Cashing out is usually available only via check by courier or a bank wire transfer, and while both methods are extremely reliable, they also take quite a bit of time.
- Canadian Online Gambling Guide – Canada isn’t as strict about gambling as the country’s southern neighbor, which means that Canadian players have access to e-wallet sites. Credit and debit cards can be used as well, though these are limited to deposits only in most online gambling venues.
- Australian Online Gambling Guide – Australia is yet another lenient country when it comes to online gambling. I’d advise using e-wallets or credit/debit cards for deposits and e-wallets for cashing out. Other methods are obviously also available, but why would you pay for a Western Union or Moneygram money order when you can have the same service for free? Finally, Australians can use the POLi service, which basically allows you to use your bank account for instant internet banking.
- New Zealander Online Gambling Guide – Much like in the case of Australia, players in New Zealand should use a credit card or an e-wallet service for making their deposits, and an e-wallet service for processing withdrawals. What’s more, and again just like Australians, New Zealanders can take advantage of the POLi service if they don’t want to use their credit card.
- South African Online Gambling Guide – Most South African gambling sites prefer their customers to use Visa or MasterCard for making a deposit and traditional bank wire transfers for withdrawals, though some sites do allow South African residents to deposit and withdraw using e-wallets.
- Indian Online Gambling Guide – Indian players should usually stick to Skrill (Moneybookers) when doing their online gambling related banking, but credit cards and bank wire transfers should also be reliable with most India-facing sites. Just keep in mind that some Indian banks and credit cards don’t like their customers engaging in gambling-related transactions.
- UK Online Gambling Guide – The United Kingdom is a very gambling-friendly country, so most options listed in a casino or poker rooms cashier should be available there. In fact, some venues go as far as to support micro payments via your phone bill, as long as you are a resident of the UK. Nevertheless, I’d recommend using an e-wallet or a credit card for making deposits, and e-wallets for withdrawals due to low costs and high speed.
Online Gambling Risks – Things to Watch For
Anyone interested in gambling online should first have a solid understanding of the downside, risks, and frustrations of online gambling before depositing any money.
A few of the major fears associated with gambling online are cheating by the house, hackers gaining access to your account, and not getting paid your winnings. These are all legitimate concerns, but are not nearly as common as problems such as, slow payments, cash out restrictions, and the outrageous requirements of many promotional offers.
Another issue that plagues the online gaming world is slow payments. A common complaint is that online gambling sites are quick to approve your deposit, but slow to pay your winnings.
Much of the problem of slow payments has to do with what country you live. If you live in a country that considers online gambling illegal, it’s going take longer to get paid.
That’s because the gaming site has to find a company to process your payment in a way that will be accepted by your local bank. They try their best to disguise the fact that the check or bank wire is coming from an offshore gambling website.
If you live in a country with legal online gambling, there’s little excuse for slow payments. Whenever possible, you should play at gambling sites with a reputation for fast payments.
Cash Out Restrictions
Another frustrating issue facing players is when a gambling site limits the amount of winnings you can cash out at one time. For instance, many online casinos limit the amount you can cash out at $3,000 per week. So, if you hit a $15,000 jackpot you’re going to have to wait a minimum of 5 weeks to cash out all your winnings.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t play at a site because of cash out restrictions. But you should be aware of them beforehand. Just make sure to read the gambling site’s terms and conditions in advance so you know exactly what to expect.
Outrageous Bonus Requirements
Online gambling bonuses used to be highly competitive and even lucrative for players. But these days, many bonuses are simply too-good-to-be-true. That’s especially true when it comes to casino bonuses that promise things like “200% up to $5000” in free money.
On such a bonus you could deposit $2,500 and get another $5,000 free, for a total bankroll of $7,500. Sounds great. But what they don’t tell you is that you have to wager the deposit + bonus 20 times ($7,500 x 20 = $150,000 in wagers).
Oh, and if you use the bonus money to play blackjack, craps, roulette, or just about anything else besides slot machines, the casino can take your bonus and any winnings away from you.
And to top it off, the bonus is just to play with. The casino is going to deduct it from your balance when you cash out.
Sound outrageous? Well, that’s just the type of terms and conditions many bonuses have nowadays.
So before you accept a bonus make sure to read and understand the bonus terms and conditions fully. To learn more about different types of bonus offers and which ones are best to accept, check out the article How Gambling Bonuses Work.
- The main risk of gambling online in a country where it’s illegal is not criminal prosecution, but losing money when the gambling site or payment service is shut down unexpectedly.
- Slow payments are usually a frustrating part of gambling online from a country where it is not legalized. Players with legal online gambling shouldn’t tolerate slow payments.
- Always read the gambling site’s terms and conditions to find information about payout restrictions and other frustrating things. If you’re uncomfortable with the terms, find another site with more player-friendly ones.
- Never accept a bonus without first understanding the terms and conditions.
More About GambleOnline.co
Opportunities to make money bring out the best worst in people. As a billion-dollar-a-year industry, online gaming is no exception. The fact that there are hundreds of online casinos, poker rooms, sports books, and bingo halls operating makes it incredibly difficult to separate the good guys from the bad guys. That’s why we started GambleOnline.co – to give players the online gambling guide we wished we would have had.
The team at GambleOnline.co has well over 10 years experience with online gambling. Here you’ll learn specific steps to protect yourself when gambling money online for the first time. The advice presented here is meant to educate you on the all of the legitimate ways to gamble online, the legality of online gambling, and tips for keeping your personal information secure. GambleOnline.co is written and maintained by gambling expert Kevin King and his team of professional writers.